Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Today's List

1. Get up and start some bread.
2. Go to Jazzercise.
3. Bummer, playdate is cancelled. Get well soon, Helen!
4. Shower.
5. Call the car place because really, you may be flakes, but I'm taking you up on the warranty now that you sold me a car with a bad transmission. (I REALLY don't want to talk about it. Not even with you. So please, comment on something else.)
6. Eat lunch and Feed The Boys.
7. Go to my dentist appointment with napless Johnny in tow. Leave Charlie at home with dad.
8. Go directly from dentist to Johnny's urologist appointment. Find out that his testicles are perfectly fine, contrary to what the pediatrician thought.
9. Go home.
10. Marvel that every bit of the 3-hour dentist/urologist excursion was smooth and painless despite the Johnny's no nap, new environment, some-guy-is-squeezing-my-scrotum-and-yanking-back-my-foreskin experience. Seriously, he was so happy. Also, marvel at the colossal difference husband guy and Charlie made with leaf-raking/blowing/mowing/sweeping in the front yard.
11. Make bean dip for book club (oh, and as part of the pathetic excuse for dinner I had lined up for my family.)
12. Go to book club and partake of one of the best Book Club Potlucks Ever. Even though the "book" we read and the "discussion" about it left me completely unfulfilled.
13. Go home to where my boys were soundly sawing logs in their beds.
14. Ignore the dishes and laundry.
15. Blog a bit and then read a magazine.
16. Try to sleep.

7 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

My guess is that Johnny was a happy camper because finally it was okay to look at/grab/play with etc. his down theres. :) What a good boy for momma! So Tuesday next week good for you? Jacob has a study group in the morning but we could go between that and when he leaves for work. Would that be fine? PS do you have any fabulous bread stick recipes?

Sarah said...

What "book" did you "discuss"?

queenann said...

Sarah, the "book" was called "A Redbird Christmas" by Fannie Flagg. The book club people all LOVED it, but I thought it was one of the dumbest books I've read in a very long time. I didn't say anything in the discussion.

Anonymous said...

I remember a Fannie Flagg who used to be a comedic actress - is it the same person?

Phyllis Miller said...

I want to be in a book club, but not one where they read dumb books. Unfortunately, that means I would never want to risk letting anyone else choose. This is why there is only one person in my book club.

Carol's Corner said...

Nancy,
Same Fannie Flagg.

Marissa Genta Pineda said...

That's it. I'm copying your list format. Sort of.