Friday, January 29, 2010

In the category of

Unfair:
My 2.5 year old son can go all night without peeing. I'm lucky if I can go two hours.

Not quite right:
The money the government is loaning us to pay for Jeremy's tuition makes us too "rich" for the government to help us pay for the birth of our child.

Weird:
Citibank just gave us an increased credit limit on our credit card. That limit is now approximately equal to Jeremy's annual take-home pay. The notification of the increase said, "Now go out and use it today. You've earned it." Really? We've earned it?

Patting myself on the back:
I made two covers for the pad (Yes, I just used the word "pad!" The horror!) on our changing table the other night. They fit and are functional if not fabulous. And I made hot dogs buns as part of our dinner. The buns were so good they made me wonder how I dared stick something as disappointing as a hot dog on them.

Funny:
I still frequently have to remind Charlie to take OFF his clothes BEFORE attempting to put ON his pajamas. Or to take OFF his pajamas before attempting to dress in his clothes for the day.

Useless speculation:
If this baby is born as early as John was, he or she will be born on Thursday, February 11th. If this baby is born as late as Charlie was, she or he will be born on Friday, February 26th. I'd rather the baby not be born outside that date range. If feeling that way jinxes me in some way, then I take it back, Universe.

That's all.

5 comments:

Helen said...

Good post Ann, I enjoyed reading it. I think you are great.

Erin Darrington said...

:)

Carol's Corner said...

In the category of mother's pride: That's clever; that's my daughter.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic post, Ann.

Ali said...

Only days left. Enjoy the sleep while you can!

Happy Days...