Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Post about my Kids

Charlie. He will be three in about 3 weeks. Here are five things I love about him.

1. He plays by himself a lot. He is great at entertaining himself. Lots of times he makes up dialogues between the toys he's playing with. Last week, he was playing with a toy helicopter (pretending it was Harold the Helicopter from Thomas and Friends) and I heard him say, "That looks like a yummy burrito to me, said Harold as he flew off into the woods." Cracked me up.

2. He happily gives hugs and kisses. Occasionally, if I ask for a hug, he says, "NO! How about a kiss?" He's got to balance out his need for independence with his desire to please his mother.

3. He likes books. Today, when I was reading to him before his nap, he told me the book we were reading was his favorite. Then, when it was time to pick a new book, he'd tell me that one was his favorite, too. I think he means it.

4. He helps with the laundry, which is only fitting because with his toileting habits lately, he makes a lot of dirty clothing and bedding. Every time he dumps the laundry liquid into the washer, he jokes that is looks like juice. Can we drink it? He giggles and says "yucky."

5. He loves his daddy. I love to watch him stop whatever he's doing and go running for his dad whenever Jeremy gets home from work.

Johnny just had his first birthday. Here are some of his endearing traits:

1. He's good with a ball. He can throw it, roll it, chase it. We've even seen him catch it. He's not bad with a frisbee, either.

2. He's quick to smile. And giggle. Count on him for that.

3. He snuggles. When I'm getting him ready for a nap, I sing him a song while rocking him in my arms. He always puts his head on my shoulder while I sing.

4. Little things make him happy. This is typical of children his age, but I appreciate it. Sometimes it's a water bottle, a small ball, a cheerio, a chunk of cheese. I should be so easily pleased.

5. He loves his daddy. In the mornings, I bring him into our bed for his morning snack. When he's ready for a break he lifts his head and says "HA DA!" and pounces on Jeremy. Sometimes Johnny grabs Daddy's nose or ears. Sometimes he just lays his head on Jeremy's pillow and rests there for a moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the same things I love about your boys. It was so good to see them again and see how much they have grown and matured. What a wonderful happy family you are - with or without money!

J.J. said...

Very sweet. I love the funny things that Charlie says.
Ali