It's not a good thing when mom doesn't know where dad hid the not-yet-wrapped Christmas presents. Because, then, when the 5-year-old says he's going up to the attic to look for some of his puzzles, mom doesn't think anything of it. And she doesn't run up there to stop him or supervise him or guide him. No. She just calmly continues making dinner until he and the 3-year-old both come down holding things they weren't supposed to see until bright and early Christmas day.
Knowledge is power, folks. But I can't blame husband guy. It didn't occur to him that the kids would have any occasion to enter the attic without me.
Not a new story. But it does make a person pretty bummed that a big chunk of the surprise for the little ones will be ruined. Maybe we should take those presents back and get different ones? Maybe we should donate those toys to needy kids instead of giving our kids a non-surprise? Maybe we should invent some LIES to tell them so they will not think those toys were for them?
We just told Charlie to forget he'd ever seen those things. We're not going to talk about it, we said. Just pretend it never happened.
"No," Charlie said, "I'm not going to do that."
1 comment:
Clayton was here Sunday night. We attended the First Presidency Christmas Devotional together. That's the good part.
The other part is that he saw some things he wasn't supposed to see and commented on them. I said, "You'll just have to forget you saw those."
He said, "Okay." He's seven, not five, and I wonder if he did/will forget. I don't think this ruined Christmas here.
Gotta love Charlie's honesty, Ann.
Post a Comment