I thought about it all morning, but I couldn't think of anything I could do.
Eventually, this thought process occurred.
Wouldn't it be fun if I could recreate our first date. Sorta. Like if somehow I could find a BYU volleyball game SOMEWHERE nearby. They sometimes play Penn State. Maybe if it's a game that's sorta far away, I could make a weekend out of it or something. Nah, that's not in the budget right now. Still, I wonder if they are playing anywhere.
I stopped what I was doing in the kitchen and walked to the computer. I went to the BYU men's volleyball schedule online and began scanning through the locations of their away games.
Long Beach, CA.
Too far.
Irvine, CA
Too far.
Princeton, NJ
Wait, WHAT?!?
I stared at the screen. I blinked. I opened my eyes wider. My jaw dropped. My eyes opened even wider.
BYU was coming to Princeton. To play volleyball. Next month.
I couldn't believe it. I might have screamed, if I were a person who actually screams, but I'm not. Anyway, I immediately sent Jeremy a message. Our exchange when something like this.
Me: HONEY! I just discovered something SUPER AWESOME. And I have to share it with you RIGhT NOW. Today. Because today is the perfect day to tell you.
Jeremy: Is it about a NEW and AMAZING opportunity to get in on the ground level as a sales rep for a FANTASTIC NEW multilevel marketing company?!?
Me: NO! IT"S BETTER THAN THAT.BUT I MIGHT KEEP IT A SURPRISE UNTIL I SEE YOU TONIGHT. BECAUSE IT'S THAT AWESOME.
Jeremy: WOW! I can hardly WAIT! In fact, the anticipation alone might make me WET MY PANTS!!!!!
Me: DON'T do that. I will stop yelling to help you calm down. and i might have spoken too soon. i hope i didn't. super awesome.
fingers crossed. have a great day. i need to go change my pants and eat lunch.
Jeremy: it must be that AWESOME, though. You're having to change your pants!
Me: tee-hee! i'm giggling over here.
The next thing I did (after I ate lunch and told my sister Alyce about this) is I tried to buy tickets to the game. Princeton has online ticket sales for most events, but try as I might, I could not get this event to come up in the event search on the ticket sales site. Finally, I called the place where the Princeton Tigers play to ask about getting tickets.
Me: Hi. If I want to come to a volleyball being held there, can I buy tickets at the door or do I need to get them in advance?
The guy who answered the phone: Um, there are no tickets.
Me:
The guy: You just show up. Volleyball games are free.
Me: It's free?
The guy: Yeah. You just show up.
We hung up. He probably thought I was weird.
So that's how I made that particular first-date anniversary one to remember. When I told Jeremy about it later than evening, he wasn't quite as jazzed as I was, but he was surprised. "BYU is coming to play Princeton? Why?"
Anyway, I was pretty excited. I am pretty excited, that is. Because the game is tomorrow night. It's kinda like our first date and our valentine's date all in one. And Alyce, Ben, and Saxby are coming. Which might be weird to you, but it's completely perfect to me.
4 comments:
Yes, the whole thing is "completely perfect ". Have a great time.
WOW! AWESOME!
And I mean it. But I don't have to change my pants.
Fun to read. Fun to anticipate your date.
Good times ahead.
Love, Mom
I am cracking up!!!! Thanks for bringing me laughs. And this is very fun... hope you had a great time. happy love. can't wait to read more.
Strictly Fabulous. I loved reading each of these. It made me really miss you guys.
Our "Togetherness" Anniversary (the night we held hands) was 11 years ago on the 02/12.
Post a Comment