Monday, March 21, 2016

What We Ate--March

Monday: chickpea loaf, Asian slaw, baked sweet potatoes

Tuesday: mushroom and barley soup, green salad

Wednesday: thai red curry with veggies, rice, collards, mango

Thursday: I made green eggs and ham (like this) for the kids. I had oatmeal; Jeremy had to work late

Friday: black beans and rice, mexican salad (like this), guacamole

Saturday: out! We took the kids to a falafel place in Princeton, Mamoun's

Sunday: orange beet and arugula salad, smoky white bean cauliflower soup, bread

Monday: adapted this minestrone soup recipe to make it vegan (left out the bacon, basically), bread

Tuesday: old standby refried beans and totrtillas, southwest salad, smoothies

Wednesday: black bean beet burgers, roasted potatoes, my favorite kale salad (minus the feta)

Thursday: pasta with peanut sauce (like this) with roasted broccoli and roasted sweet potatoes (like this), fruit salad. If you think that peanut sauce doesn't go with roasted broccoli and roasted sweet potatoes, you need to eat your words. I love this meal.

Friday: no record. Leftovers?

Saturday: we went to a wedding, but we took bread and this confetti rice salad to share

Sunday: I was ill and have no recollection what Jeremy made.

Monday: Mina's birthday dinner. Homemade pizza and fruit salad
I made pepperoni pizza for the kids. Jeremy and I had cheeseless pizza with kale, bell pepper, mushroom, kalamata olives, red onion.

Tuesday: Lentil and chickpea stew with brown basmati rice, asparagus

Wednesday: pad thai with tofu (adapted a really old recipe that Susan P gave me years ago), pineapple cabbage slaw (concept good, recipe not worth sharing)

Thursday: green chile enchiladas with canary beans, smoky spanish rice, green smoothie
If you beg me, I'll make this meal into its own post. It deserves it.

Friday: baked potatoes and broccoli

Saturday: chana-masala-stuffed sweet potatoes (spicy!), bulgur salad with apricots and walnuts (I adapted this recipe, using arugula instead of radicchio and using cilantro instead of parsley. So delicious.)

Sunday: corn cakes with fruit

2 comments:

Carol's Corner said...

You are one determined, smart, hard-working, not lazy woman.

michelangelo said...

I will beg you.