Thursday, May 05, 2016

Edmund

My six-year-old.

Edmund is blonde. And his eyes are brown and green.

He's got the kindergarten thing figured out. He told me the other day that the only thing he doesn't like about school is homework. For such a good reader, he doesn't much seem to like to do it. Probably because he has to for homework.

He spends his time closer to home than his brothers. This might just be because he's slower at doing his chores and homework after school, but I like to think it's also because he just needs a little more time near Mom because he's younger. He's been my first child to have all-day kindergarten. And it's been an adjustment. He is tired, and he doesn't get the time with me that he was used to.

He argues about everything. I think this is because too often and for too long I've argued back (and so have the other members of the family) but I think it's his personality to question everything more as well.

He is my only child who actually likes salsa and hummus. He also admits to liking carrots and will eat guacamole. He often chooses to buy lunch at school (using his own allowance) because he doesn't want to make the decisions necessary to making his own lunch. He just can't CHOOSE sometimes.

He likes sports, like John does. And when he finally finishes his chores and homework, he'll be out playing with the neighbor kids as much as he can.

Edmund can be a bit dramatic, especially about getting hurt. And he tends to get hurt a lot. Accident prone, I guess you could say.

He shares a room with his sister. For now.

He listens. He can recite verbatim what was said in a lesson at school or in a talk at church. He is sweet and giving but also very concerned with getting his fair share. With two older brothers, I can't say I'm surprised by that.

He is excellent at crossing his eyes and making a creepy "demon face."

1 comment:

Carol's Corner said...

They used to tell me, "Don't cross your eyes. You never know when they might stick that way." And he is blonde and very cute.