Friday, January 18, 2008

This Place

I'm not sure what I want this blog to be. I've been thinking a lot about whether I really want to do this blogging thing. I am a person who wants to be writing. I want to get what's in my head out into words so I can begin to understand it. So why not just keep a journal? Well, I sort of do that. I try to write a little each night about what's happened that day. So maybe this blog would be more in depth--not surface level "here's what happened today", but more what I'm thinking about while all that stuff happens. A place to make sense of madness.

Can a person have too many places to write going at once?

Most of my friends who have kids have a blog where they post pictures of their cuties and gush about how wonderful and trying they are. I don't want this to be that place. This is my space. And the whole point is that no one will want to read it but me. That's why it's my place. Lucky you if you found it. But it's not for you. It's for me.

So why put it out there? I don't know. I really don't.

Maybe I will start a kid's blog. Give in to the pressure. I do have wonderful yet trying cuties. Stay tuned for more on that idea.

No comments: