What is the point of having a blog if it's not a place for me to write about my kids sometimes? After all, that's what I think about most of the time.
Today Charlie came and sat on my lap to drink his cup of milk. After a while, he stopped sipping, turned to me and said, "Mama, do you have a beard?"
"No."
"Does Daddy have a beard?"
"Yes."
Back to drinking milk. A few moments later,
"Mama, are you a girl?"
"Yes, Charlie."
"Is Daddy a boy?"
"Yes. Daddy's a boy."
You see, he's sorting out these important world issues. He already understands a great deal. Later, at dinner, I asked him if he was fabulous.
"No way," he said. "I'm Charlie!"
Then I asked him if I was a girl and if Daddy was a boy, just to see if he still had those things straight. He did. Then I said,
"Is Clayton a girl or a boy?"
"Um, he's a boy."
"What about Lola," I asked next. "Is Lola a girl?"
"Uh, Lola's a mommy!"
"You're right. And all mommy's are girls, huh?" He thought about that for a moment. Then I asked him if Grandma is a girl or a boy. He didn't seem ready to answer that one. We'll just have to keeping working on these little questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment