Ok, ok. So I got a little self-righteous in the last post. There's nothing inherently evil about froot loops. Really.
But I've been thinking about some of the people I would call my friends. Nothing about our lives is the same. When we get together, they want to talk about
The Office (which I find amusing but almost never watch)
other TV shows I know nothing about
their dogs (I don't have one)
celebrity gaffes
how much we want Obama as president (hmm)
their dogs
What about what's really going on in our lives? The real problem is that they don't know what's really going on in my life. And am I willing to tell them? And if I'm not, what does that say about the friendship? We are probably never going to get past monthly gatherings at Starbuck's. And do I care?
Why would I be writing about it if I didn't?
1 comment:
I didn't know you had a blog until I looked up the stats on our blog at where referrers are coming from. I love it. Nice to catch up on here! Take Care.
Ali
Post a Comment