Someone very important to Charlie is going to be out of town on Charlie's birthday next week, so we did a little pre-celebrating. We think it didn't confuse Charlie too much. We went to Friday's for a birthday dinner, and for the first time in history, Charlie DIDN'T choose the chicken strips from the kids menu. He chose . . .
Pizza! And you can see the sauce on his face. Johnny had to be like brother, so he got pizza, too. Surprised and pleased mom that night because they both actually ate the pizza. We had fun.
I don't typically do posts like this, and maybe I should more often. I love my family. Too often I get into the "me against them" mentality with my kids--so my goal this week is to just have as much fun as I can cram in. Try to give them a break from grumpy mean mom (who me?) and also distract us all from the fact that Daddy is gone for the week.
5 comments:
That cake does indeed look yummy! I wish I could stop by for a slice and a get a hug from the birthday boy.
That's a great picture of you with Johnny Ann, so perdy! I'm bummed we missed the cake festivities (drat) maybe next year for my birthday (I know nice try right)? It turned out very nice! I hope Charlie had a great birthday party yesterday and I'm glad we got to see the birthday boy for a little bit. Love you guys!
Ooh, Ooh, I want some of that cake! You know I have strawberry shortcake every birthday of my whole entire life???
Miss you guys... I can't believe those huge kids...
Cute pictures. So the boys watch Strawberry Shortcake? Ashlyn sings all the songs and scarfs that sort of cake! Wish we lived by you, but you should move here!
Charlie looks older. You and Jeremy haven't change at all. Way to go. When will that happen?
Post a Comment