And it's a list of the things I want to do in my current home.
Will such a list kill these projects or will it be one step toward the beautiful reality I'm envisioning? I'll let you ponder that while I proceed with my brain-dump.
1. Frame some of my kids' art and hang it on the wall--the giraffe series from Charlie's art class and some primary colors abstract paintings from Johnny for starters.
2. Hang pictures on the walls in Edmund's room using green frames that I painted eons ago when I was pregnant.
3. Re-frame marriage certificate and Grandma Nancy's "In the one we love we find our second self" stitchery.
4. Curtains. Can I really make the rust-colored organza curtains I have long planned? And we'd have to hang a curtain rod. Why does this sound so hard?
5. Finish replacing the stuffing in the seat cushions of these fun yellow chairs I just bought at a thrift store. Also, find a small brightly-colored throw pillow to sit on each chair.
About this thrift store--It's called Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission Thrift Store and it is one of the best I've been to in a long time. Lots of furniture, which is fun. I might go back there and buy a solid wood corner hutch to hold and display my china, which has lived in a box for most of the last ten years. The hutch would just need new knobs for the drawers and cabinets and it would be lovely.
6. Attach the mirror to my dresser. Find something to put up on the walls in my bedroom. It's so bare in there.
7. Find a loveseat or another chair for my living room. Preferably something that isn't brown or beige.
8. Empty the garage sufficiently to drive a car into it. Novel concept, I know. It won't be glorious when that's done because the garage door doesn't have an automatic opener. In fact, there is no key to it, so it can't be opened from the outside at all. So my convenience factor wouldn't be increased THAT much. But I would feel much better about my garage if it were emptier of boxes and other miscellany. Wouldn't purging feel good?
9. Satisfactorily solve the toy conundrum. If you don't have a toy conundrum in your home, either you don't have toy-aged kids or you need to come over and help me.
4 comments:
How are those chairs coming?
Besides, I think these are all good ideas.
Sounds like you have fun projects. Post pictures as you get them done. :)
Maybe we can try and do a couple of those projects when I come in April. I can hardly wait!
We have a toy store. Each kid gets to pick a box from the store, and leave all the rest of the toys there. If they want a different toy, the box currently out needs to be cleaned up and traded. No exceptions. We've found boxes about the size of a shoe box are best, otherwise there are too many toys in the box and the mess gets out of hand.
Post a Comment