Monday, January 09, 2012

Teachers on strike!

It's true that when it was time to send Charlie back to school after the Christmas break, I was a bit sad. For one thing, the break was a lot shorter than any holiday break I remember as a kid. He had seven days off. Add in the weekends and you get 11. Lame. So it didn't feel long enough to me. Besides that, he seemed to be getting nicer and sweeter and more cooperative as the break wore on. Almost like the roughness of school was wearing off of him. I liked having him around.

So now, after one week of Charlie being back in school, I get my wish. Be careful what you wish for, my dear friends. I'd rather not get into the politics of the strike, the teacher's union versus the school board. I know almost nothing about it. I just know that they can strike for 14 days before they have to go back and teach for a while, no matter what. Then they can strike again if needed. We'll see.

It's a good thing our family vacation is planned for this week, eh?

Anyway, all this is to say that we are only about 5 minutes into the first school day (going on school time) and we already have one blanket fort built and abandoned over here. It's gonna be fun, people.

2 comments:

Carol's Corner said...

Life is meant to be fun. Right?

michelangelo said...

you're leaving tomorrow. you can make it.