So here I start.
April 10th, 2012
I said a tearful goodbye to my children and husband and wheeled my large suitcase (with my small suitcase attached) into the New Jersey Transit Train Station in Trenton, New Jersey. Here I would take a train (or three) to JFK.
A few minutes later, I sat down on the train knowing it was the right train and that it would be going the right direction. My feeling of relief was short though because just as I began experiencing it, I attempted to lower the roller-bag handle on my large suitcase and found that it was broken. As in, it wouldn't go down. And then when it did go down, it wouldn't come back up.
Ah, the first crisis of my trip. How would I get halfway across the world (let alone to JFK) and back again with a HUGE suitcase that couldn't be rolled by its own handle? Luckily, at the next train station, the brain God gave me kicked in and I realized that since the two bags attach to each other, I could use the handle on the smaller bag to make the wheels on the larger one useful.
Crisis solved. Pretty sure this is the worst thing that happened to me on this trip. Sure, I got sunburned, my mom snored, and we all had to wait for nearly two hours at the border before crossing from Jordan into Israel. But all this and other petty annoyances were part of the joy of this trip. That's right--once-in-a-lifetime annoyances really can be joyous.
And, just because it's the only picture I took on this day of the journey, I'll post this.
Raise your hand if you know what the word "egress" means. Ok, now, raise your hand if you know what the word "egress" means and you also ride New Jersey Transit. That's what I thought.
Stay tuned for more meaningful posts on this trip and more interesting photos.
1 comment:
i'm hooked. i CANNOT wait to keep reading.
Post a Comment