Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Garden, my first post

We're determined to grow something edible this year while we have the chance. I'll (probably haphazardly) chronicle how that goes. Since Wendy already had a garden spot, a good deal of start-a-garden work is already done. Here's Jeremy turning over the dirt (after we both hoed out the weeds, the time spent doing that not counting toward my daily thirty minutes).Behind Jeremy, on the other side of the chain link fence, you can see our compost pile. Which we have thanks to Wendy's lack of garbage disposal (something I haven't always been happy to do without). Jeremy got out there today and actually turned this week's rotting food over to see if there was any "black gold" under there. There is. Wendy was putting her organic stuff over that fence long before we moved in, and it shows. I admit it. I got a little excited when I saw that. The stinky rotting food can under our kitchen sink might be worth tolerating after all.

1 comment:

J.J. said...

Awesome! Ours is under some reconstruction.
Ali