Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas Music

A couple of my favorites from growing up:

What can you get? (Mibbit Mibbit Mibbit)
The Happiest (with a hey and ho and a . . . )

Some new favorites around my house:

The World is One (Australian Christmas)
Curoo Curoo (and the dancing really adds to the feel of this)

Yes, I am dead serious.

Occasionally, I stop on the radio station that plays all Christmas music all the time just long enough to hear that they are playing either Feliz Navidad, Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, Santa Baby, Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time, or Last Christmas (I gave you my heart). I can only bear to listen to one of these songs. Any guesses which one it is?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know some of those. But last night I practiced for a program next week and the soloist sang Gesu Bambino, which is one of my favorites.

michelangelo said...

I'm gonna say Last Christmas. It's the only one I can stand, anyway. Sometimes I tolerate Feliz Navidad.

Carol's Corner said...

I don't.

Carol's Corner said...

Well, I just heard it: Last Christmas I gave you my heart. And I pretty much will not ever like that one or want to hear it again.
Gesu Bambino is also a favorite of mine. I grew up hearing my aunt Allie sing it.
The Messiah
Anita Kerr, Jingle Bell Rock
And, yes, I love Carpenters' Merry Christmas Darling
The list goes on, but this is your blog, not mine.