Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Six mantras I wish I could remember

1. It doesn't matter what other people think. Like, maybe someone thinks I should bite my son back to help him learn to stop biting other kids. Or maybe someone thinks I'm foolish to let my other son eat something other than what I have fixed for dinner. Or maybe I'm just imagining that some stranger thinks a certain thing about how I look or how I raise my kids or how I drive or whatever. It would be nice to get all that stuff out of my head, because, really. It doesn't matter.

2. A clean house isn't the most important thing. The fact that my house is not (and likely never will be) very clean seems to worry me almost constantly, despite my belief that there are more important things in life than cleanliness. It's all wrapped up in my failure to remember number 1, actually. Someone who visits me regularly once mentioned that even when her children were young, she cleaned the whole house every week, including washing all the windows. Wash all the windows every week? Yeah, not happening over here.

3. Weight is just a number. It has recently come to my attention that 3 of my 4 brothers weigh more than I do. And I think that's pretty good. Don't you?

4. I can wait to eat until I am hungry. Say it over again: Not hungry=Don't eat. Seems simple, eh?

5. He's only three. He's only three. He's only three.

6. The Wiggles' music is for children. It says right on all their CDs and DVDs: for children ages 1 - 8 years. I'm 29.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

#6: If it is just for kids, how come I can't get "What's this button for?" out of my head?

Camille said...

#6 Fruit Salad... Yummy, Yummy.