I wonder if we should move. And if so, where.
I wonder if my children will ever eat the meal that I prepare for them.
I wonder if all moms feel so utterly clueless about how to help their kids feel content, get along, and be obedient. I wonder if feeling this inept at motherhood will ever pass. And if yes to the first and no to the second, is that supposed to make me feel better? Cause it doesn't.
I wonder if going to bed right now might not just be the best idea.
I wonder if things will look better in the morning. How could they not, though, really.
I wonder if eating a bowl of ice cream would make me feel better or worse.
I wonder if anyone would notice if I just went on a little vacation for about 3 days. Ok, I know people would notice. Maybe the better question is would they survive.
I wonder if it really will snow this weekend.
2 comments:
I will respond to one of your musings (well, maybe two): The other day, before I went to work, I threw all the ingredients for chili in the crock pot. I also had put a pan of cornbread in the oven before I started, so by the time I left, the chili was cooking and the cornbread was done and covered. No big deal, I know, but dinner would be ready for all at the end of the day. When I got home, my eldest had indeed partaken of the food, but the two younger ones had not. The middle one prepared himself some (off-brand) chicken noodle soup, and the youngest was giving his mother grief because she would not make him something. And this night is pretty typical. This is especially frustrating for me, inasmuch as I have always (even from the ages of my children now) enjoyed eating a wide variety of foods. And now two of mine won't eat homemade chili and cornbread! What?!!??!
Also, if you figure out how to make your children obey you, let me know, but it may just take time and patience. My eldest is becoming a very obedient and cooperative boy. And he wasn't always that way.
I think things do look better in the morning. Sometimes things are, really are, better in the morning.
Post a Comment