Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Is it bad . . .

1. That I often call my kids monkeys, turkeys, bazillacuddies and dweeb-hiccuses right to their faces? Even nerd-nickels at times?

2. That I let the boys put all the "decorations" (i.e. candy canes) on the Christmas tree and haven't moved them around since to make sure they are at all evenly spaced?

3. That I have literally seven (at last count) loads of clean laundry downstairs waiting to be folded (not to mention Christmas preparations waiting to be completed) and I'm sitting here blogging?

4. That I absolutely HATE the song "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"?

5. That I didn't stick to my "only two songs before bed" rule tonight and actually sang THREE songs to my little dweeb-hiccuses?

6. That listening to the Anita Kerr Singers "Spend This Holiday With Me" CD makes me want to be around all my brothers and sisters really really bad? Especially if we could get my brothers singing, dancing, and imitating the brass instruments.

7. That I'd rather have number 6 happen than get any presents at all this year?

8. That 11 weeks seems like an eternity I might not be able to survive?

5 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

#1 - don't forget "punk"! :)
#6 - I wish you could have this
#8 - You can do it!

Carol's Corner said...

1. I'm counting on you to survive.
2. I've got Anita Kerr on. I LOVE IT.
And me, too, I'd love to have all of you here together. That would be the best of all Christmas presents. Maybe next year.
3. I used to call you all honyocks and nerdnickels. So let that be your measure. Know what I mean?
4. Seehiccus is our name, in some circles, so that can't be bad.
5. No comment on laundry, except that it is ever with us.

Carol's Corner said...

Come on, people. Get in there and vote, not that it makes any difference in the long run. And who voted for number three, I'd like to know.

michelangelo said...

is it bad that on monday mornings, i wait to shower until it's time for our 90-minute staff meeting?

Carol's Corner said...

michelangelo: some clarification may be needed here.