Friday, November 26, 2010

I got nothin'

I've been blogging every day. And it's not that I'm running out of things to say. It's just that I'm running out of energy to write it. Does that make sense?

I still have a reserve of topics to draw from. I have an unfinished series or two to get back to. This constant blogging has just robbed me of my enthusiasm for it. And I hope it's temporary.

This has given me an appreciation for bloggers who post every day for years on end. How do they do it? One thing they undoubtedly do is pre-blog. I was doing a little of that at the beginning of the month, but I ran out of steam on that, too. I guess sometimes it's their job, their money-making machine, so they are slaves to the writing for that reason. It's like getting up and going to AMFS every day when you hate it there because your paycheck comes from there. You just do it.

It makes me glad that I'm not in this for the money. I don't (normally) have anything that makes this blog writing into drudgery for me. And, after November is done, I can return to the joy of writing when I have something bursting from my fingertips. Right? Right.

So, here you have it. A blog post about blogging.

No comments: