Today was just great.
This morning, after I put Edmund down for his morning nap, I sat on the couch with my boys. I don't know what I had intended to do, but before I knew it, I was dozing. Charlie sat next to me and wrote/illustrated a book on my yellow pad. (It's called "Tom and the New Dog.") Johnny watched him for a while and then went to play nearby with some toys. How do I know, you ask, if I was asleep? Well, a sleeping mom can still hear things.
But, unlike most of my 'oops I fell asleep while I should have been with my kids' naps, this one did NOT end with someone screaming or fighting. And when Charlie needed my help to spell a word, he whispered to me.
It was all very pleasant.
Later, we had a play date at the home of one of Charlie's classmates. Saige's mom invited us all over. And we all had a great time. We were there for almost four hours. There were no fights, no screams, no disagreements to referee, no meltdowns, no whining, no difficulties at all. Edmund played happily, and when he got tired, he fell asleep on my chest. I chatted with the other moms that were there. When it was time to go, Charlie and Johnny left cooperatively. I'd say Saige and her family are good people to hang out with, wouldn't you?
Then, when I got in the car, I wondered if I should call Jeremy. It was 5pm and he'd said this morning he was planning to leave early, so I wondered if he'd left yet. Just as I was thinking this, my cell phone rang. It was Jeremy calling from home!
When I got home, there he was in the kitchen, doing the dishes I'd left there while I was off playing.
Some days (ok, most days) I have it really good. Have I mentioned that I'm happy? Good. Well, then, carry on.
1 comment:
You could make a movie about it. It would be a good movie, called A Great Day.
What do you think?
I would love to watch it.
Post a Comment