Monday, November 29, 2010

Hot Fudge Sauce

Do you have a recipe for homemade hot fudge sauce? I am on a quest for an amazing recipe. The one we made last night is really good. We had vanilla and three-flavor chocolate ice cream, and this hot fudge was just what it needed. Mmm. But the purist in me says that it probably shouldn't be made with marshmallows. I'm not sure.

Anyway, here's what we did.

Mix together in a small pot:

1 cube butter (salted works)
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
4 oz. semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate (chunks, chips, or shavings)
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate (baking chocolate)
1/2 cup miniature marshmallows

Melt over medium heat, stirring often, until the mixture is smooth and glossy. The marshmallows will take the longest to melt.

Remove from heat. Stir in

1 teaspoon vanilla.

Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers. To re-heat, you can use the microwave, but do it in 30-second intervals.

This is not my recipe. I got it from someone who'd posted it on Tasty Kitchen. And, of course, I adapted it. But you should make it. Then you should eat it.

3 comments:

michelangelo said...

karen stevens has a recipe. well, the whole petersen clan has a recipe. i'll ask marty. i've had it. it's pretty good.

Carol's Corner said...

Not right away, though.

michelangelo said...

i have issues with the marshmallows, too. i suppose it's an attempt to get the fudge to thicker. hmmm.